You might currently be asking yourself, can my stress stove be used as a stress fryer? The solution is, sadly, no.
This is mostly because the temperature levels stress stoves can generate are nowhere near the temperatures required to steam oil. That is, 15 PSI of pressure stoves equates to 120 degrees Celsius while as mentioned, oil boils at around 177 degrees Celsius. This is exactly the same reason why Colonel needed to change his stress fryer.
One can still cook chicken (with coating/batter) In the stress stove yet once more, the outcome will not specifically coincide as it would certainly if cooked with a pressure fryer or deep fryer.
Pressure frying and pressure food preparation may be comparable in nature but the devices necessary to execute these two approaches are extremely different.
- Electric Pressure Cooker Vs Stove Top
- Pressure Cooker vs Slow Cooker
- Best Electric Pressure Cooker Reviews 2020
- Corrie Cooks – Deep Fry Using A Pressure Cooker
- Wikipedia – Frying on Pressure cookers